Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jell-O Popcorn

Hey kids, its snack time (my favorite time besides craft and nap time).

Today's snack: Jell-o popcorn.

Candied popcorn...in my in un-Marthaed kitchen? 

Ya huh!

 Here's the cast of characters


8 cups popped popcorn
3 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkg. Jell-o 

I used sugar free Jell-o cause thats what was in my pantry yo. And if I were going to do it again.....I would buy sugar free. For some reason it makes you feel better when you're adding all the other sugars in there!

By the way, here's my trick for plain ol' popcorn. No oil needed!

Put a handful of kernels in a brown paper bag. Roll the top down. Nuke it til you hear the popping 1-2 seconds apart. 

Thats it!

note: LOOSELY roll the top down of your paper bag. If you roll it too tight, steam can't get out and the bag will start to burn!!!

Yum right? Just you wait....


Place butter and corn syrup in small saucepan; cook on low heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and Jell-o; stir until Jello-o is completely dissolved. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes (stirring frequently)


Mmmm candied goodness.

Drizzle over popcorn and spread onto baking sheet. (I wrapped mine in foil and greased it. DO IT!)
 


Bake 10 minutes at 300 degrees. But watch it! This can go from very good to very sad, very quickly.

And thats today's snack time kids. Enjoy! 


Sharing at the Weekend Wrap Up

1 comment:

  1. Just made this for the kiddies at my daughters school... such a cool idea and my daughter had fun helping!

    ReplyDelete