Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas, Bedrooms, and a Sneak Peek!

I've had master bedrooms on the brain lately. Normally as I move from project to project, I eat sleep and breathe the room that I'm currently on.

Normally. (More on that later)

Well as I've been collecting pieces to start our master bedroom makeover, I've kept an eye peeled for great inspiration. Lets start with the most important part of the bedroom. Ahh....the bed?!

Check out CSN's Modern Duvet Covers. Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves and unmade-ish bed?! 

Surfing around there I found some great inspiration to make...err....unmake a bed.





I already told you about my plan for the bedroom here

Well I can tell you that Santa was a rockstar this year. 
(Ok, ok, lets give the man props. Husband...you did AWESOME!)

He got the lamps and even picked lampshades himself. (Successfully might I add!)
He also got me a pink tool belt and tape measure from Tomboy tools that we will use when we make our
FARMHOUSE BED (this spring) Yaaaaaay!

My parents got us a new featherbed topper for our mattress (great...something else to make me not want to get out of bed!) 
as well as a new king size down comforter.

A "quick" trip to Ikea when we were home for the holidays ended with 
a new bolster pillow (50% off thankyouverymuch) and 2 new curtains.

So we're getting there. The painting and all that jazz will probably happen around Spring break. 
Yep, last year of nursing school. Last year of planning projects around class and clinicals!
Woot! Woot!

So remember that exception I was talking about at the beginning of the post?! (Me neither...the "I normally focus on one room at a time kind of deal") Here's a confession to my 
Makeover ADD

I've just (almost) finished a MAJOR project in our dark dungeon-y foyer. (Check out the ugly here!) Just trim and a new light switch plate to go. (Which of course is not an easy plate to find!) So the final reveal and behind the scene breakdown will have to wait. 

But because you guys are all so great...I'll sneak peak ya.


Trust me....its loverly!

2 comments: