Saturday, March 12, 2011

Maw Maw's Carmel Rolls

 I rarely post recipes and the like because I'm not-so-much the baker.

Cooking I can handle cause I can mess with the recipe and adjust flavors as I go.

Baking? Thats a whole 'nother story because the oven is so....final.

Once you put that sucker in the oven to bake, there is no turning back.

I'm also not the greatest when it comes to reading directions.

And not to mention my aversion to measuring things. I like to eyeball stuff.

With that said, here is a little treat that looks a lot more complicated than it is.

This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, she makes it every Christmas morning.

I make it because its Saturday, and I'll be wearing sweats all day anyways so the sugar:butter ratio doesn't matter.

Enough with the rambling, here my friends, is 
Maw Maw's Carmel Rolls:


1 stick butter
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 box butterscotch pudding (the cook and serve one-not instant!)
1 bag of frozen dinner rolls (I use Rhodes pkg of 36 rolls, I only put like 30 in)

The night before: Spray bundt pan with cooking spray, more the better. Fill pan (about 1/2 way) with frozen dinner rolls. Sprinkle butterscotch pudding powder over the rolls (straight from the box baby- no measuring required!) Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and bring to boil. Stir in cinnamon, and pecans. Pour butter mixture over rolls. Cover with foil (that has also been sprayed!) Place bundt pan on a baking sheet to catch the drips. Go to bed.


The next morning: bake at 350 for 30 min with the foil on. 


If you have occasional moments of genius as I sometimes do, set your oven to self start and finish by 8 am. Wake up to the smell of ooey gooey rolls. Do a happy dance as you brush your teeth. Start the coffee. Consume. Repeat as desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment