Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rainbow Bookshelf

So this afternoon, after I returned home from a class of a jam packed lecture (and a hand cramp)

I discovered that the kids emptied their bookshelf....Completely.

Awesome.

I literally had on my "to do" list this week to reorganize the bookshelf.

Sometime opportunity presents itself via a naughty 3 year old.

It literally took 20 min (including making my "trash" and "donate" piles).

Then I sorted the books by the color of the binding.

Little work, high impact.

My kind of afternoon.



And for anyone concerned with trying to enforce your OCD tendencies onto your children, look at it as a teaching opportunity. 

We've already had our discussion about the "rainbow bookshelf", all of the colors, and where each books now belong.

And I'm not the only one to do this... check out these puppies



Of course I'm not holding my breath for this to last that long.

But its looks pretty darned good.....for now!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the look of the rainbow bookshelf but I think it would bother me too much if the colors were out of ROYGBIV :) I think I'll just stick with arranging by height in descending order :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look, but I like to keep my books in order by subject. It would drive me crazy to have novels mixed with cookbooks mixed with gardening books mixed with decorating books mixed with quilting books mixed with. . . . !

    ReplyDelete