Monday, March 14, 2011

Thoughts on Faith and Home

I take my home seriously. This blog is an opportunity to share my passion.


Some people think that decorating and crafting are just hobbies. But to me they are more.


It is my attempt to be a good steward of what God has given me.


It is my attempt to be a blessing to my family.


My ministry to them, if you will.


To give them a place to feel proud of.
...be sad to leave and excited to come back to.
...and a place to make others feel welcomed and wanted in.


Thats what our home is all about.


But sometimes, like this week, that all seems so insignificant.


I have a home. Two healthy children. A husband who loves me more than I can comprehend.


I have seen the photos and footage of the devastation in Japan. But none of them spoke to my heart like this one.


I know God has been pressing on our family's heart that His plan is so much more for us. As comfortable as I've made my home, He does not intend for us to stay comfortable.


I just read a Joyce Meyer quote via Twitter this morning:


Please don't ask God for something else if you are already griping about what you've got.


So I publicly release my comfort, my home, and my personal desires.


I cling tight to my family and God's claim for my life. 


Matthew 10 has been speaking to my heart this weekend. I want to share a small portion of that with you: 


You have been treated generously, so live generouslyDon't think you have to put on a fund-raising campaign before you start. You don't need a lot of equipment. You are the equipment, and all you need to keep that going is three meals a day.

The blog is not going anywhere, and I am still trucking along in my last year in school, but I do know that He hasn't called me, or any of us, to be comfortable.


...and please pray for Japan as you cling tightly to what He has blessed you with. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment